Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] SAN media serving just queues jobs, then fails with a 213

2003-08-08 12:41:10
Subject: [Veritas-bu] SAN media serving just queues jobs, then fails with a 213
From: robert.johannes AT udlp DOT com (Robert Johannes)
Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2003 11:41:10 -0500
Hi folks,
I have two SAN media servers (utilizing SSO) that work great.  I'm
introducing a third SAN media server, that I have configured to be
identical to the other two, where possible.  Tape drives are visible and
accessible.  I've created a storage unit with the third media server in;
and created a class to use the storage unit.

The problem is that the new class fails backing up, with error 213 (no
storage units available for use).  This, despite the fact that the
storage unit exists, has 10 drives in it.

Any clues to what is going on?

thanks
robert