Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Network Timed Out (status 41). Cannot Backup! Major problem!

2003-08-07 09:34:03
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Network Timed Out (status 41). Cannot Backup! Major problem!
From: GRABBEB AT dominos DOT com (Bob Grabbe)
Date: Thu, 07 Aug 2003 09:34:03 -0400
Yes, I had the same problem and support was no help to me either. The
only way to get rid of the extra processes is to reboot the server.
Fortunately (for me anyway) this problem is not recurring since going to
4.5 mp3, but I never found any fix for it anywhere. If anyone else has
any suggestions, I'd like to see them also.
You have my profoundest sympathy, but I'm afraid I can't offer any hope
other than upgrading your whole system.
Bob Grabbe
Dominos Pizza LLC
grabbeb AT dominos DOT com

>>> "Katerina Giannakeli" <kgiannakeli AT probank DOT gr> 8/7/03 9:08:01 AM

Hi all,

the last few days the backup procedure fails, stating that "network
timed
out' with status 41.
FYI, the software is NetBackup 3.41 (still) on Windows2000, which is
backing
up the 3 out of 4 parts of a cluster system.

Two nights ago, without any change made, the 1st cluster part(CLS001)
didn't
backup stating the above error.
When I logged in to CLS001, I noticed in TaskManager that bpbkar32.exe
was
loaded many times (I did perform various test backups, but they had
all
ended). As the "wonderful" support person (who I managed to contact
after
calling him all day long, and haven't heard from ever since) told me to
stop
the NetBackup service on CLS001, kill all those hanging processes,
and
start the NB Service again, and that should fix the problem.

Well, it didn't, and I have a major problem, as I can't backup the main
part
of the system! I am now copying various important data to a disk, but
that
is not very reliable, not to mention that I use NetBackup to perform
various
operations and now I am writing scripts to override the problem.

Please, if someone has encountered anything like this , let me know.
Support
isn't much help and we have a big problem over here!

Thank you all in advance,

Katerina

If you have received this email in error please notify the system
manager or  the
sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to any one or make
copies.

** eSafe scanned this email for viruses, vandals and malicious content
**