Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Windows 2000 Recovery !

2003-08-05 06:51:15
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Windows 2000 Recovery !
From: spe08 AT co.henrico.va DOT us (Spearman, David)
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2003 06:51:15 -0400
Karun,

This is usually caused by an incorrect boot.ini file. Your machine
probably had a diagnostic track initially but when you rebuilt that went
away. The boot.ini file on your backup would still be pointing at the
second partition rather than the first as it probably exists after the
rebuild. Make a boot floppy by copying the following files on a
formatted floppy.

Boot.ini
Ntdetect.com
ntldr

Make sure you edit the boot.ini to reflect the new partition

[boot loader]
timeout=10
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINNT="Microsoft Windows 2000
Server" /fastdetect

Edit to refelect which partition ntldr is really on. Once booted up you
can edit the boot.ini file on the c drive.

David Spearman
County of Henrico, Va.