Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Robtest script

2003-08-04 16:03:02
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Robtest script
From: Mark.Donaldson AT experianems DOT com (Donaldson, Mark)
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2003 14:03:02 -0600
You'll have to script around tldtest rather than robtest.

echo "s s" | tldtest -r /dev/sg/cXtXlX

..where the cXtXlX is the address of the robot's control.  The "s s" is
"Status of the Slots".  You can send similar robotic commands in this way,
too.

This strikes me as hazardous, though, without careful scripting.

"Down" the target drive (see "vmoprcmd") in Netbackup first, or NB won't
know it's in use since it's not in control of the process.  "up" it after
you're all through.

Check the destination drive to see that it's not in use, too, "s d" for
"status of the drives".

It's tough, but with care, it could be done.  It seems unnecessary if the
catalog is adequately protected.  How is the customer going to guarantee a
quiesced catalog backup?  Note, that the tldtest commands are based around
drive & slot numbers, you'll have to translate tape numbers to slot numbers
first.

-M