Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] maximum number of mounts

2003-07-29 16:32:21
Subject: [Veritas-bu] maximum number of mounts
From: cpo AT helix.nih DOT gov (Charlene Osborn)
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 16:32:21 -0400
There may not be a clear answer to this but I'd appreciate some
opinions. One of the options that NetBackup will allow you to set
on your media is the 'maximum number of mounts'. This is something
that I haven't been using in the past but am looking into whether or
not I should be. We're using SDLT. In particular, the tapes used to
backup the NetBackup database are constantly being mounted and
unmounted. Any ideas as to when it's wise to "retire" tapes?

Thanks,

Charlene Osborn
Helix Systems Staff
CIT, NIH