Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Finding tape numbers without starting a restore.

2003-07-22 10:16:16
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Finding tape numbers without starting a restore.
From: mjeikenberry AT bpa DOT gov (Eikenberry, Marcus - CIDS-2)
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 07:16:16 -0700
Netbackup V4.5 mp2

Does anyone know if tape numbers that would be needed for a restore can be
looked up without actually starting a restore?  Our normal process we use here
is that we keep our tapes offsite.  So when we do a restore we generally need
to call to have tapes sent back to our location.  I have been getting the tape
numbers by starting a restore and letting the system tell me what tapes are
needed.  I don't like this method of finding the tape numbers though.  I always
worry that one of these days I'll assume that a tape is not in the robot.  I'll
go to get the tape number and the darn tape will be there and the restore will
start when I am not ready.   This could be bad in some cases.

Is there another way to look up the tapes that need to be recalled?

Marcus Eikenberry
Server Operations
United States Department of Energy
Bonneville Power Administration