Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Restoration & Catalog Management

2003-07-22 08:32:19
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Restoration & Catalog Management
From: purush AT miel.mot DOT com (Purushotham Rao)
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 18:02:19 +0530
Hi,

I have configured Veritas Netbackup on Solaris and backup is being
happening.
Currently I am able to restore the latest data because it is picking up
from the catalog.
I am worried about restoring the data which is more than 1 year old. If
I need to restore the catalog from the tape using bprecover it takes LOT
OF TIME.
Can any one help me in how to manage these catalog so that I can restore
the old data very fast.

Regards,
Purush