Veritas-bu

[[Veritas-bu] Bar Code Labels]

2003-07-22 03:43:58
Subject: [[Veritas-bu] Bar Code Labels]
From: javier.graf AT usa DOT net (jago)
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 09:43:58 +0200
You can use media ID generation rules on your vm.conf file as follows:

The media ID generation rule has the following syntax:

MEDIA_ID_BARCODE_CHARS <robot_number> <barcode_length>
<c1>:<c2>:<c3>:<c4>:<c5>:<c6>

where robot_number is the robot number, barcode_length is the number of
characters in the media's barcode format,
c1 is the first character of the Media ID
c2 is the second character of the Media ID
c3 is the third character of the Media ID
c4 is the fourth character of the Media ID
c5 is the fifth character of the Media ID
      c6 is the sixth character of the Media ID

c1-c6 can specify a character from the media barcode or specify a fixed
character by prefixing the character with a "#".

For example, the rule:

MEDIA_ID_BARCODE_CHARS 0 8 #N:1:3:4:5:6

generates media IDs for robot 0 using the character N and the 1st, 3rd,
4th-6th characters of the 8 character barcode, and for the barcode, 123456L1
generates media ID N13456.

The rule:

MEDIA_ID_BARCODE_CHARS 0 8 1:2:3:4:5:6

generates media IDs for robot 0 using the 1st-6th characters of the 8
character barcode,  and for the barcode 006498L2 generates media ID 006498.

Javier González
DATASEC Software GmbH