Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Backing up Lotus Notes databases

2003-07-21 16:50:40
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Backing up Lotus Notes databases
From: Jesse.Gardner AT storaenso DOT com (Gardner, Jesse)
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 15:50:40 -0500
We're moving our Lotus Notes server to several Win2K servers.  With that,
I've been tasked to back up Notes.  Our somewhat-new Notes guy isn't fluent
in backups, but tells me that we can't risk backing up the .nsf files
directly, as it might lock someone out of a file.  I'm hesitant to use the
NBU Notes agent, because restoring via transaction logs sounds messy, and I
don't know if our Notes guy is up to it.  We were going to go down the route
of replicating the databases to another server, which can then be stopped
and backed up.

Question:
Can I safely use OTM to back up the Notes databases?

Any advice from admins with Notes backup experience?

Thanks,

Jesse Gardner