Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Using cheap ATA disk for virtual tape

2003-07-19 11:57:25
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Using cheap ATA disk for virtual tape
From: Dturner AT manh DOT com (David Turner)
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2003 11:57:25 -0400
We currently have a Netapp F820 that we cannot add any more drives to and a
Netapp in our remote office. Management is sold on the snapshop and
replication features that the Netapp has to offer. So they agreed to upgrade
the F820 to the 940 which will allow me to have 12TB of space instead of
3TB. Actually I was pushing for the Nearstore R150 from Netapp but had to
settle for an upgrade. I haven't checked into the bladestore it seems
everyone is  pleased with the Netapp.