Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Using cheap ATA disk for virtual tape

2003-07-17 12:24:51
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Using cheap ATA disk for virtual tape
From: william_h_blandy AT fanniemae DOT com (William H Blandy)
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 12:24:51 -0400
We mainly use the Hitachi as a staging area.  We create three copies of
all images and don't have enough hours in the night to do all backups,
so the disk is used to create images that are then twinned to tape
during the day.  We do keep about 15TB of differentials on the disk
permanently.  So our justification was to be able to complete backups
during the backup window, not reduction of tape. Bill