Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Migrating from Legato

2003-07-16 00:37:17
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Migrating from Legato
From: Karl.Rossing AT Federated DOT CA (Karl.Rossing AT Federated DOT CA)
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 23:37:17 -0500
--=_alternative 001991DC86256D65_=

veritas-bu-admin AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu wrote on 07/11/2003 05:19:00 AM:

> 4) I have had problems when using one tape in networker and then trying
> use it in Netbackup (when demonstrating the products in a test lab). The
> software detects an unknown format and may mark the tape as bad OR fail
when
> attempting to label it.  I have had to use a method to erase the current
> label on the tape and then give the tape back to the backup product and
it
> should label successfully.

http://www.backupcentral.com/foms/netbackup-serve/cache/60.html
What are some of the more common configuration options for bp.conf and
what are they used for (version 3.2)?
ALLOW_MEDIA_OVERWRITE should be used on the server if you wish to
overwrite previously used non-NetBackup media without prompting.

The netbackup 4.5 admin guide for unix has most of the bp.conf options.
browse to http://support.veritas.com
to dig it out

I hope this helps.

Karl
--=_alternative 001991DC86256D65_=

07/11/2003
05:19:00 AM:<br>
&gt; 4) I have had problems when using one tape in networker and then trying
to<br>
&gt; use it in Netbackup (when demonstrating the products in a test lab).
&nbsp;The<br>
&gt; software detects an unknown format and may mark the tape as bad OR
fail when<br>
&gt; attempting to label it. &nbsp;I have had to use a method to erase
the current<br>
&gt; label on the tape and then give the tape back to the backup product
and it<br>
&gt; should label successfully.<br>
</tt></font>
for bp.conf and what are they used for (version 3.2)?</tt></font>
if you wish to overwrite previously used non-NetBackup media without prompting.
</tt></font>
the bp.conf options. browse to http://support.veritas.com</tt></font>
--=_alternative 001991DC86256D65_=--