Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Cleaning of drives

2003-07-14 07:40:50
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Cleaning of drives
From: Philip.Weber AT egg DOT com (Weber, Philip)
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 12:40:50 +0100
I found some DLT documentation which suggested that DLT drives should very
rarely need cleaning.  Even if the cleaning light comes on it may be cleared
just by an ordinary tape passing through.  Too much cleaning is bad for the
heads (abrasive).  So I have turned off any form of automatic cleaning for
our Storagetek L700s with DLT7000 & keep an eye on the cleaning indicators,
cleaning manually occasionally.

Can't find the document at the moment though.

regards, Phil