Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Question on raw partition backupw w/ VxVM and Oracle

2003-07-11 10:11:31
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Question on raw partition backupw w/ VxVM and Oracle
From: moyer AT wi.mit DOT edu (Larry Moyer)
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 10:11:31 -0400
We're tyring to troubleshoot an Oracle DB restore problem. The database
lives on a raw partition under Veritas volume manager. The manual says
to use the logical volume name and we're not sure what that is . Our
choices are,
/dev/vx/dsk/rootvol (the whole volume name)
/dev/vx/dsk/test (the directory name)
or
/dev/vx/rdsk/rootvol
/dev/vx/rdsk/test

Anbody had any luck w/ backing up and restoring under this sort of
scenario?

Larry Moyer
Whitehead Institute
Cambridge MA