Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] exclude lists on win03

2003-07-07 15:08:58
Subject: [Veritas-bu] exclude lists on win03
From: Quarantine AT GSCCCA DOT ORG (Quarantine)
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2003 15:08:58 -0400
Has anybody had problems with exclude lists on Windows Server 2003?  Master
is Win2K SP3 NBU 4.5 MP4 and client is Win03 NBU 4.5 MP4.  I enter the
exclusions the same way that I do on my other Windows clients (for example
*.tmp), but the files are not excluded during backups.  If I look at the
exclude list on the client's GUI, everything shows up as *.tmp:\.  I think
this is the problem.  I've also tried \*.tmp, .tmp, and tmp - all yield the
same weird transformation in the exclude list.  I can successfully exclude a
specific file on Win03, and identical exclude lists work on 2K and XP.  Any
thoughts before I email support?

Side question - Am I correct in thinking exclude lists don't apply to
user-directed backups?

Thanks,
Matt