Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Oracle + NBU... A stupid question

2003-07-01 11:42:34
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Oracle + NBU... A stupid question
From: ekorkodilos AT cptech DOT com (Emmanuel Korkodilos)
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2003 11:42:34 -0400
Building on Will's comments

The bpstart_notify and bpend_notify scripts run on the client and should be
copied from /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/goodies onto the client in
/usr/openv/netbackup/bin and made executable.

The script must complete with an exit status of 0 in order for the backup to
continue/complete properly. It has to return the status 0 within the default
of 300 seconds unless you change the BPSTART_TIMEOUT option on the
server.(ie oracle shutdowns sometimes take longer than 5 minutes)

you can add

 .policyname to the script name for a specific policy ie:
bpstart_notify.Oracle

and

 .policyname.scheduel for a specific schedule within the policy ie:
bpstart_notify.Oracle.FullWeekly

And it is case sensitive for the entire script file name

-Manny

Emmanuel Korkodilos
Senior Systems Consultant
Corporate Technologies, Inc