Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] image on media = "files" entry in policy?

2003-06-26 12:41:13
Subject: [Veritas-bu] image on media = "files" entry in policy?
From: jtaylor AT ithaca DOT edu (Jeremy Taylor)
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 12:41:13 -0400
Hi all,

I am in the midst of a giant multiday restore and have a question that I
can't seem to easily answer myself...

Does an image on media correlate directly to a backup of an entry in the
files field of a policy?

Senario:
I am importing images and rebuilding catalogs from older media.  During
Phase II of importing (catalog rebuilding) one of the images encountered
a problem  and is, I presume, no good.  However when a built the restore
process it appears all the data I needed was there.  Does that mean I
got lucky and none of the data I needed to restore was in the failed
image or is my restore no good?  In other words... would the files
and/or directories I selected and supposedly restored be complete or
could some of that data be in the failed image?  I would hand check it
if I could but we're talking a large amount of data.

All Sol8 and NB DC 4.5 environment.

Thanks again!!

-jeremy