Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] available_media givies wrong info

2003-06-25 20:14:13
Subject: [Veritas-bu] available_media givies wrong info
From: jpyne AT worldatwork DOT org (Jeffrey Pyne)
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 17:14:13 -0700
About a year ago, I got frustrated enough with available_media that I took a
few minutes and figured out why it was so stupid and slow.  Once I figured
it out, I took a few hours and wrote a completely new version of
available_media in Perl that's much, much faster and correctly reports the
status of all the media.  I also have it report EMPTY media (i.e. tapes that
have no valid Netbackup images but have not been returned to the pool of
AVAILABLE media, which get reported as DBBACKUP media in Veritas'
available_media), and the command required to "fix" these media is listed at
the end of the report.

If anyone wants a copy of this script, let me know and I'll email it to you.

~Jeff