Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Restoring MS-Exchange data from NetBackup

2003-06-21 20:30:25
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Restoring MS-Exchange data from NetBackup
From: vaxzilla AT jarai DOT org (Brian Chase)
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2003 17:30:25 -0700 (PST)
On Fri, 20 Jun 2003, Jeff Maley wrote:

> make sure you've set the class-type to ms-exchange in the 'specify
> netbackup machines' interface...

This was the first correct answer I received, but a number of others
also responding.  Thanks to everyone for the quick replies.  Basically,
it's selectable from the following GUI menu path:

  Actions->Specify NetBackup Machines...->Clients

At the bottom of the client tab, there's a selector for the various
backup types.  MS-Exchange-Server is the one I needed to be able to
access and browse the Exchange backups.

There is still one odd thing. I can drill down through the browser into
the "Microsoft Exchange Server" folder icon, but nothing happens if I
click on the "Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes" icon, even though there's a
little [+] next to it, which I'd have guessed would indicate that the
mailboxes should be browseable. The size listed for "Microsoft Exchange
Mailboxes" backup in the browser is 0, which seems like a bad thing.

If I only select the mailboxes and back them up, the backup fails with a
status 71 "none of the files in the file list exist".  If I select both
the Exchange server and the mailboxes, the backup completes successfully
with a status 0.  Hmm.  What's a fellow to think?

-brian.