Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Interval vs. Calendar Scheduling

2003-06-19 23:23:03
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Interval vs. Calendar Scheduling
From: gcampbell AT rgv.rr DOT com (Greg Campbell)
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 22:23:03 -0500
I recently changed my scheduling over to calender based to facilitate a
monthly backup on the last day of the month. I ran into a problem last night
where I lost connection to the library thus causing the backups from 8:00 PM
on to fail. I manually ran these backups during the day today. I just
returned from checking that the backups were running tonight (appox 10 PM)
and found that the backups that ran last night before the failure at 8:00
ran but the ones that I ran this morning did not even attempt to run. Is the
reason because of the manual backup counted as a backup for this calender
day or was it that the retries may have extended over into this calender day
thus fulfilling the calender backup requirement?