Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Patching HPUX client

2003-06-19 07:18:25
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Patching HPUX client
From: KELCZ AT coj DOT net (Mike Kelczewski)
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 07:18:25 -0400
With Windows Master or Media servers you can not use the normal install for
Unix client.  They are meant to be pushed from a Unix master.

How to manually patch UNIX clients.

We're a predominantly Windows environment;  My master and media servers are
W2K SP3.  In Unix, I know sh, ll, pwd, cat, and vi..  Basically enough to
look around a little.

We got the NetBackup 4.5GA client installed and working on a HPUX 11.00
server.  For the sake of patching, I'd like to get it to MP4.  I downloaded
NB_45_4_M_256987.hp_ux.tar, and extracted its contents to
/usr/openv/netbackup/temp/
When I run Vrts_pack.install, and type NB_45_4_M when prompted, it says:
"ERROR: No readable product version file was found, please verify the
version file exists and that this pack is appropriate for this system."

The version file (/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/version) exists, and contains
"NetBackup-HP-UX11.00 4.5GA".  I'm not sure that the pack is appropriate.  I
am under the impression that I don't use NB_CLT_45_4_M.tar.
Any advice?

Jesse Gardner
Information Technology-Midrange Systems
Stora Enso North America
jesse.gardner AT storaenso DOT com
(715) 422-1516

Michael Kelczewski
Senior Application Analyst - Computer Operations
City of Jacksonville
Information Technologies Division
220 E. Bay St., Suite 200
City HAll Annex