Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Error 134

2003-06-17 15:11:59
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Error 134
From: stafforj AT core.afcc DOT com (Johnie Stafford)
Date: 17 Jun 2003 14:11:59 -0500
>>> On Thu, 12 Jun 2003 11:19:15 -0600, "Donaldson, Mark" <Mark.Donaldson AT
>>> experianems DOT com> said:

 dm> Sol 8, NB v4.5 MP4 SSO with four media servers.
 dm> I've been getting error 134's.  Here's the description from bperror:

 dm> # bperror -S 134 -r
 dm> unable to process request because the server resources are busy
 dm> Status code 134 is an informational message indicating that all drives in
 dm> the storage unit are currently in use. If this occurs, NetBackup
 dm> automatically tries another storage unit; if one is not available,
NetBackup
 dm> requeues the job with a status of 134 and retries it later.

 dm> Disable automatic retry using another storage unit and create the following
 dm> file on the NetBackup media server prior to running the backups:
 dm>  /usr/openv/volmgr/DISABLE_RESOURCES_BUSYIf you have already attempted the
 dm> backup and see this error, then create the file and rerun the backups.

 dm> OK - here's the question.  Why is the job running at all if the storage
 dm> unit's drives are not available?  In a non-SSO environment, the job will
 dm> simply queue if the drives are busy.  Why is this job even going active?

We are having real problems with this today. We run a Sol8, NB4.5 MP3
with SSO. We only have one media server, with 5 dedicated 9840b's and
5 SSO 9840b's. 3 of the SSO drives are idle. The media server is 98%
idle. Yet we've got jobs that appear to be stuck in a loop of 134's.
The tries are failing so fast that often the try end time shows as 1
second before the try start time. We had servers getting 100+ 134's
(for 4 to 8 hours).

Anybody have a clue what's going on here?

Johnie