Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] backup_exit_notify vs. bpend_notify

2003-06-11 10:46:38
Subject: [Veritas-bu] backup_exit_notify vs. bpend_notify
From: larry.kingery AT veritas DOT com (Larry Kingery)
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 10:46:38 -0400 (EDT)
> Using Win2K and NBU_DC 3.4.1
> Does anyone have a script that uses bpend to output backup variables
> (Client name, Class name, Schedule, Backup type, Status etc) to a text
> file. The idea is to produce a text file then from this print a
> report of any backups that have failed.
>
> Any advice would be helpful

Instead of using bpend_notify, I would recommend using
backup_exit_notify on the master server.  That will catch a lot of
errors that bpend_notify can't -- for example error 58 "can't connect
to client" (since bpend_notify runs on the client, it would never be
able to report on this error).

--
Larry Kingery
          The beatings will continue until morale improves.