Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Performance with FP's

2003-06-10 09:28:40
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Performance with FP's
From: Wayne.Cierkowski AT harpercollins DOT com (Cierkowski, Wayne)
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 09:28:40 -0400

------_=_NextPart_001_01C32F54.34B0C346

All,

I have been starting to test FP3 here at work. My test environment consists
of my laptop backing itself up. When I had NB 4.5 MP3 installed on it I was
seeing around 2969 KB/sec throughput and total run time of 3 minutes. Note:
source was a single directory 521 MB's 1000 files. I then installed FP3 and
performance went through the floor. Same backup now has a throughput of 922
KB/sec and a run time of 9 minutes 34 seconds. Having seen that, I figured
that maybe FP4 fixed the performance issue of FP3 so I installed that FP
also. Performance went down again. Now same backup is down to 634 KB/sec and
runtime increased to 13 minutes 48 seconds.

I'm very hesitant in installing any FP on any of my production systems. Has
anyone experienced a similar performance issue going to a FP? Any ideas?

Thanks,

Wayne

This message is intended only for the use of the individuals to which it is
addressed and may contain information that is privileged and confidential. If
you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have
received this transmission in error; any review, dissemination, distribution or
copying of this transmission is prohibited. If you have received this
communication in error, please notify us immediately by reply e-mail and delete
this message and all of its attachments.

------_=_NextPart_001_01C32F54.34B0C346

<head>
<META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=us-ascii">

<!--
 /* Style Definitions */
        {margin:0in;
        margin-bottom:.0001pt;
        font-size:12.0pt;
        font-family:"Times New Roman";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
        {color:blue;
        text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
        {color:purple;
        text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
        {font-family:Arial;
        color:windowtext;}
@page Section1
        {size:8.5in 11.0in;
        margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in;}
div.Section1
        {page:Section1;}
-->

</head>

font-family:Arial'>I have been starting to test FP3 here at work. My test
environment consists of my laptop backing itself up. When I had NB 4.5 MP3
installed on it I was seeing around 2969 KB/sec throughput and total run time
of 3 minutes. Note: source was a single directory 521 MB&#8217;s 1000 files. I
then installed FP3 and performance went through the floor. Same backup now has
a throughput of 922 KB/sec and a run time of 9 minutes 34 seconds. Having seen
that, I figured that maybe FP4 fixed the performance issue of FP3 so I
installed that FP also. Performance went down again. Now same backup is down to

font-family:Arial'>I&#8217;m very hesitant in installing any FP on any of my
production
systems. Has anyone experienced a similar performance issue going to a FP? Any

<FONT SIZE=3><BR>
<BR>
**********************************************************************<BR>
This message is intended only for the use of the individuals to which it is
addressed and may contain information that is privileged and confidential. If
you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have
received this transmission in error; any review, dissemination, distribution or
copying of this transmission is prohibited. If you have received this
communication in error, please notify us immediately by reply e-mail and delete
this message and all of its attachments.<BR>
<BR>
</FONT>

------_=_NextPart_001_01C32F54.34B0C346--