Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] 4.5 and vm.conf and REQUIRED_INTERFACES

2003-06-06 15:17:51
Subject: [Veritas-bu] 4.5 and vm.conf and REQUIRED_INTERFACES
From: paulg AT CDCNA DOT COM (Paul Gimpelev)
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2003 15:17:51 -0400
        As I said, my problem was slightly different.  I tried to restrict the
number of servers that could connect to vm.  I used their new "SERVER="
command.  That, in conjunction with REQURED_INTERFACE broke access for the
clustered media server and that is how I found out about the problem.  Once all
"SERVER=" enteries were removed, REQUIRED_INTERFACE alone was working fine.
 Let me rephrase that - it is functioning without a problem, but I am pretty
sure that the entry gets ignored.  So I got the functionality without security.
 Hope that helps.

paulg