Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Media server problem since change of network

2003-06-06 04:48:04
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Media server problem since change of network
From: fmilton AT dc DOT com (Milton, Fergus (UK - Bath))
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2003 10:48:04 +0200

------_=_NextPart_001_01C32C08.57C866FF

Hi,
We have a fairly simple setup, consisting of 1 Solaris Master and 1
Solaris Media Server running NetBackup 3.4 and backing up a mix of Unix
and W2k clients. We are going through a network migration, and have
successfully moved a number of clients already to a new network/domain.
Earlier this week we moved the Media Server, and started getting error
code 233 on jobs attempting to backup to the storage unit on the moved
server.
I had already reconfigured the bp.conf,  vm.conf and /etc/hosts to
reflect hostname/ip changes, but to try and overcome the 233 error, I
reinstalled NetBackup on the server I'd moved.

The issue I now have, is that when I run the NetBackup startup script on
the moved server, the bprd process only runs for a short time before
stopping, and /var/adm/messages displays the following type messages
Jun 4 18:01:55 escux04 bprd[11046]:  [ID 192819 daemon.error] Cannot
contact NetBackup bpdbm. Terminating

I've put a call in to our network/firewall team and asked them to look
to see if the firewall is blocking any ports/protocols that NetBackup is
trying to use, but other than that I'm stuck as to where to go with
this.
Has anyone got any idea of other areas I could check, or solutions I
could try ?
Thanks in advance, Fergus

This message (including any attachments) contains confidential =
information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and is =
protected by law.  If you are not the intended recipient, you should =
this message, or the taking of any action based on it, is strictly =
prohibited.

------_=_NextPart_001_01C32C08.57C866FF

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Dus-ascii">
6.0.6249.1">
<TITLE>Media server problem since change of network</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<!-- Converted from text/rtf format -->

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Hi,</FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">We have a fairly simple setup, =
consisting of 1 Solaris Master and 1 Solaris Media Server running =
NetBackup 3.4 and backing up a mix of Unix and W2k clients. We are going =
through a network migration, and have successfully moved a number of =
clients already to a new network/domain.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Earlier this week we moved the Media =
Server, and started getting error code 233 on jobs attempting to backup =
to the storage unit on the moved server.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">I had already reconfigured the =
bp.conf,&nbsp; vm.conf and /etc/hosts to reflect hostname/ip changes, =
but to try and overcome the 233 error, I reinstalled NetBackup on the =
server I'd moved.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">The issue I now have, is that when I =
run the NetBackup startup script on the moved server, the bprd process =
only runs for a short time before stopping, and /var/adm/messages =
displays the following type messages</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Jun 4 18:01:55 escux04 =
bprd[11046]:&nbsp; [ID 192819 daemon.error] Cannot contact NetBackup =
bpdbm. Terminating</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">I've put a call in to our =
network/firewall team and asked them to look to see if the firewall is =
blocking any ports/protocols that NetBackup is trying to use, but other =
than that I'm stuck as to where to go with this.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Has anyone got any idea of other areas =
I could check, or solutions I could try ?</FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Thanks in advance, Fergus</FONT>
</P>

<HR><P><BR>This message (including any attachments) contains =
confidential information intended for a specific individual and =
purpose, and is protected by law.  If you are not the intended =
recipient, you should delete this message.  Any disclosure, copying, =
or distribution of this message, or the taking of any action based =
on it, is strictly prohibited.<BR><BR><BR></P>
</BODY>
</HTML>
------_=_NextPart_001_01C32C08.57C866FF--