Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] netbackup 4.5

2003-06-05 19:04:18
Subject: [Veritas-bu] netbackup 4.5
From: cfeskens AT willamette DOT edu (Casey J Feskens)
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2003 16:04:18 -0700 (PDT)
On Wed, 4 Jun 2003, Powell-Berry, Donna wrote:

> My company is currently running Netbackup 4.5 and we run a full system
> backup and an
> Incremental every week 7 days a week.  Both backups fail with an exit status
> code of 1 every now
> and then.  There doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason to the problem.  I've
> looked at the Exit Status code
> and it's not really given me any detail.  We are backing up the data while
> it is being written too.  Could
> this be causing the problem.  We are 24/7 and there is no downtime.  Maybe
> we don't have the right options
> set in our policies.  Any suggestions??

Donna,

The writes are likely the problem.  You should be able to look in your
error reports for the given day and find out which files gave an error
and which error they gave.  More than likely they changed while the
backup was being written.

Take care,

Casey Feskens <cfeskens AT willamette DOT edu>
System Administrator/Network Svcs. Consultant
Willamette University, Salem, OR