Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Status 11 - system call failed

2003-06-05 08:05:09
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Status 11 - system call failed
From: prasadcm AT optonline DOT net (Prasad Chalikonda)
Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2003 08:05:09 -0400
We opened a call with HP support. They have identified 4 kernel parameters
that could be tuned (reduced, actually) to free up memory. According to
what I understood,
there could be memory available but "not contiguously". These setting
would reduce OS use
so that more memory is available for other apps, and hopefully it would
all be contiguous.

ninode  1024
vx_ninode 18000
dbc_min   2 %
dbc_max_pct  3%

We are waiting to schedule a downtime to implement and test the new
settings.

Prasad.