Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] [NBDC 4.5MP4] disappearing TIR files...

2003-06-04 08:41:09
Subject: [Veritas-bu] [NBDC 4.5MP4] disappearing TIR files...
From: rafamiga AT uucp.polbox DOT pl (rafal wiosna)
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2003 14:41:09 +0200
        I'm having trouble with one of my solaris boxes that I backup:

SunOS xxxxxxxxxx.pl 5.8 Generic sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-250

        The problem is that the TIR file on the client's side it not being
written at the end of the backup but for some paths only. Namely the two
huge /home's which take about 7hrs to backup [ -- other paths are working
allright.

        I do not have any bpbkar logs yet since I've discovered it just
yesterday. But I'm asking if anyone had such troubles before? The client
software is MP4:

# cat /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/version
NetBackup-Solaris2.6 4.5MP4

        and the server is also MP4. Works flawlessly on simmilar solaris
box [Generic_108528-09].

        This is very strange since the temporary TIR files _ARE_ being
created and written to, I can see them on the disk while backup is being
performed. It's just after the backup finishes the temp file is not being
renamed to proper TIR info in /usr/openv/netbackup/db/tir_info/home1,
.../home2 etc.

        I also noticed the following errors in bperrors -problems output:

06/04/2003 02:24:38 tdcf03 xxxxxxx.pl  could not send server status message
06/04/2003 02:24:38 tdcf03 xxxxxxx.pl  Could not set linger value on socket.
                    Errno = 22: Invalid argument
06/04/2003 03:12:01 tdcf03 xxxxxxx.pl  could not send server status message
06/04/2003 03:12:01 tdcf03 xxxxxxx.pl  Could not set linger value on socket.
                    Errno = 22: Invalid argument

        This may be it. You must know the server is behing a firewall with
dying sessions, i.e. my SSH session dies after hour or so. But simmilar
backup on the other Generic_108528-09 box with huge home's does finish
properly [took 04h20m37 to make].

        Ideas?

rafal wiosna * ¦wiat Internet S.A. * Polbox * In ARP we trust * AR164 V6TB
RAFD-RIPE * Dom som surfar på nättet, får leka med musen * PGPID: 3CDCB7A9