Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Maintenance Classes

2003-06-03 15:49:39
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Maintenance Classes
From: pwinkeler AT pbnj-solutions DOT com (Paul Winkeler)
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2003 15:49:39 -0400
Mark

Why not run a timed job from something like cron?  See places like:
        http://www.research.att.com/sw/tools/uwin/
        http://www.redhat.com/software/cygwin/
For ways to get timed executions on a Windows platform.

Barring that, you could play a trick, maybe; If you're licensed for any of
the database backup features (e.g. Oracle) then you can create a class which
takes but a single file in its file list.  This file is in fact expected to
be a script which will get executed under the remote machine's NetBackup
client's control.  You can make this script do whatever you want, as long as
it returns success!

www.pbnj-solutions.com IT Solutions That Stick
(216) 533-5708