Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Combination library and standalone drive setups?

2003-05-29 18:24:49
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Combination library and standalone drive setups?
From: Mark.Donaldson AT experianems DOT com (Donaldson, Mark)
Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 16:24:49 -0600
You got it with your second paragraph.

An out-of-library tape will show up as a pending-request (vmoprcmd -d pr).
You can then fetch the tape & stuff it into your standalone drive which
should be in AVR mode.  NB will read the header on the tape & identify the
Volume ID (that's the AVR behavior).  You should then resubmit the pending
request (vmoprcmd -resubmit <num>) and the restore should continue.

-M