Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NetBackup DataCenter Maintenance question

2003-05-27 22:38:41
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NetBackup DataCenter Maintenance question
From: Len.Boyle AT sas DOT com (Len Boyle)
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 22:38:41 -0400
Hello Cheryl

If you want to stay with the MP series then you only have to install the
latest. They are cumulative.
The feature pack series is for new function.  At this time there is only one
real feature pack and that is fp3, which is a set of cdroms that you must order
from the veritas software update folks. I was told by Veritas tech support that
the fp3 code has be installed on top of an nbu 4.5 system. But that system can
 have mp1, mp2 mp3 or mp4 already installed. Once the fp3 code is installed
then you can not install an MP fix  pack or the new functions will be lost.
There is a downloaded fp4 that can be used to update a fp3 system to the mp4
level maintenance level.
To see what is in the feature pack you can go to the veritas download page and
download the readme pdf.
len