Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Netbackup name id?

2003-05-23 19:52:02
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup name id?
From: ssesar AT mitre DOT org (Steven L. Sesar)
Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 19:52:02 -0400 (EDT)
My understanding is that your cluster will present itself to the world as a
single host, regardless of the nodes behind it. You would keep the the existing
hostname for the master server. NBU is highly dependant upon DNS resolution. It
uses gethostbyname() to resolve both server and client hostnames.

On Fri, 23 May 2003 veritas-bu AT jasons DOT us wrote:

> Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 17:13:15 -0400 (EDT)
> From: veritas-bu AT jasons DOT us
> To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
> Subject: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup name id?
>

> Where does netbackup 4.5 on Solaris get the name it uses for identifying
> itself with the catalog?  For example if I wanted to cluster the master
> server using VCS or Sun cluster what name would have to move over?  Does
> NBU do a gethostbyname or does it use an entry from the bp.conf?
>
> Thanks.
>
> -Jason
>
> -----
> Jason K. Schechner  -   check out www.cauce.org and help ban spam-mail.
> "All HELL would break loose if time got hacked." - Bill Kearney 02-04-03
> ---There is no TRUTH.  There is no REALITY.  There is no CONSISTENCY.---
>    ---There are no ABSOLUTE STATEMENTS   I'm very probably wrong.---

Steven L. Sesar
Senior Operating Systems Programmer/Analyst
UNIX Applications Services R10A
The MITRE Corporation
202 Burlington Road - MS K101
Bedford, MA 01730