Veritas-bu

[[Veritas-bu] Problem making the 3rd copy using netbackup 4.5]

2003-05-23 06:10:56
Subject: [[Veritas-bu] Problem making the 3rd copy using netbackup 4.5]
From: javier.graf AT usa DOT net (jago)
Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 12:10:56 +0200
Hi,

By default NBU 4.5 allow only 2 copies, go to configuration and change with
your desire value

Javier González
DATASEC Software GmbH
www.datasec.ch

Jonas Blåberg <jonas.blaberg AT mandator DOT com> wrote:
>       MIME Type: multipart/alternative
> Hello!
>
> We have upgraded from NBU 3.4.1 to NBU 4.5 some weeks ago. We are using
Solaris 8, L180 robot and LTO drives.

> I know of the old limitation of only two copies of each image for NBU 3.4.1
and I have been told this limitation should be gone in NBU 4.5.

> However, when trying to make another copy of an already copied image, the
same old info message is displayed:

>       root@robocop:/> bpduplicate -PM -backupid host_1053118925
>       INF - Skipping backup id host_1053118925, it already has 2 copies.
>
>       INF - found no images or media matching the selection criteria
>       root@robocop:/>
>
> I have seen in the man pages (man bpduplicate) that I need "Inline Tape Copy
option" to be able to make several copies at the same time, but that is not
applicable here I think. Everywhere in the man pages it says I can have up to
10 copies, but the reality tells me something else.