Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Questions on moving and labeling media on robots

2003-05-22 14:21:14
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Questions on moving and labeling media on robots
From: ddunham AT taos DOT com (Darren Dunham)
Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 11:21:14 -0700 (PDT)
>     1)  If I want to label media myself, via bplabel on a robot, how do I
> get the media from the slot that it is in, into a drive via the command
> line.  ex: Lets say that I have 25 tapes that have expired and I want to
> label them myself, I want to write a script to take those tapes, move them
> into a drive and run bplabel on them.

Since you say "expired", I'm assuming the tapes are already in the media
database, so you should just be able to call bplabel to do it....

bplabel -m <media> -d dlt

However, if the tapes are expired, why do you need to label them?  Are
you changing the barcode on them or something?

Unix System Administrator                    Taos - The SysAdmin Company