Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Looking to backup data to Disk vs. Tape

2003-05-22 08:20:38
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Looking to backup data to Disk vs. Tape
From: joe AT europaeiske DOT dk (Johnny Østergaard (JOE))
Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 14:20:38 +0200
We have been testing backup to disk, and we only have one master/media
server and it works fine. (also Win2K)

The only reason we are looking into disk-backup is because we have some very
very slow backups and we want to keep them away from allocation tape drives
and holding on to them for hours.

In general I think that backup to disk is too slow and unflexible (depending
on your tapedrives and library)

Our media server is directly connected to the disk drives (via SAN). If it
will work over LAN I don't know.

The only problem we have seen is that it can be a little difficult and
unflexible to manage the backups on disk.

/johnny