Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Many questions on netbackup (3.4)

2003-05-20 21:35:00
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Many questions on netbackup (3.4)
From: manivas AT myrealbox DOT com (Mani Vasagan)
Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 09:35:00 +0800
Hi all,

I started working on netbackup (3.4 datacenter) for about 2 months now. I
worked on similar products (omniback, arcserve/alexandra). I have few questions
on how we achieve (or possible) in netbackup.

1) On restore how do we know the size of restore before submitting (I guess no
preview on 3.4)?.
2) If we are trying to restore a full backup and subsequent incrementals,
should we need to submit multiple restore for each date or single job can
restore all dates?.
3) Is there any setting on netbackup to automatically overwrite on new
datestamp or size?.

One more last question:
I have a exchange backup which is backing 4 information store each as a new
stream. Sometime if one fails, my resubmission again kicks of all 4. I need to
kill other jobs. Is there any command line option in bpbackup to submit for one
stream only?.

Thanks for your help,

Mani Vasagan