Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Drive Reliability

2003-05-20 16:49:32
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Drive Reliability
From: Karl.Rossing AT Federated DOT CA (Karl.Rossing AT Federated DOT CA)
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 15:49:32 -0500
Hi,

Last week i sent an email asking about which media types to look into. I
got many suggestions. Thanks for the reply.

Now i have a question about reliability of drives. For the last 5 months
we have had horrible problems with our M2 library. We want to purchase a
reliable tape drive. We are leaning towards a STK library with 2-4 tape
drives. I like XXX tape drives, my supervisor likes YYY drives.

How can i be confidant that the tape drives i'm buying will be reliable?
Does it really come down to support? How do you guys sleep at night ;)?

Thanks,
Karl

Legend:
xxx=lto2