Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] User backups best practices

2003-05-17 03:40:24
Subject: [Veritas-bu] User backups best practices
From: dukescottk AT yahoo DOT com (Duke Scott)
Date: Sat, 17 May 2003 00:40:24 -0700 (PDT)
--0-954933788-1053157224=:22625

Dear all,

For couple of my systems, requirement is to take manual backups using NB 4.5
server. But, due to security policies i started taking user backups from NB
client systems (initiating backups from clients end instead running from master
server). Could some one please tell me whether this is a suggested way to do?
or do i need to do any configuration changes because of initiating the ?user
backups? so that i don't step into issues later?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

-Duke

--0-954933788-1053157224=:22625

<DIV>
<DIV>Dear all,</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>For couple of my systems, requirement&nbsp;is to&nbsp;take manual backups
using NB 4.5&nbsp;server. But,&nbsp;due to security
policies&nbsp;i&nbsp;started taking&nbsp;user backups&nbsp;from NB client
systems (initiating backups from clients end instead running from master
server).&nbsp;Could some one&nbsp;please tell me whether this is a suggested
way to&nbsp;do?&nbsp;<FONT size=3>or do i need to do any configuration changes
because of initiating the ?user backups?&nbsp;so that i don't
step&nbsp;into&nbsp;issues later?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Any help would be greatly appreciated</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>-Duke</DIV></DIV><p><hr SIZE=1>
Do you Yahoo!?<br>
New Yahoo! Search</a> - Faster. Easier. Bingo.
--0-954933788-1053157224=:22625--