Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] pre and post processing scripts

2003-05-16 18:09:01
Subject: [Veritas-bu] pre and post processing scripts
From: Mark.Donaldson AT experianems DOT com (Donaldson, Mark)
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 16:09:01 -0600
The scripts you want are /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/bpstart_notify &
./bpend_notify (Unix).  They can be run on a per policy basis by using
./bpstart_notify.<policyname> or policy AND schedule with
./bpstart_notify.<policyname>.<schedname>.  (also works for the bpend
script.

Have no output to stdout or stderr.  For the backup to continue, the
bpstart_notify script has to exit with a zero return code.  Individual
streams of a multi-stream backup will all run the start & end scripts.

Look to the SAG for more info.

HTH -Mark