Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] How to restrict bpvault not to use couple of drives !

2003-05-16 16:02:45
Subject: [Veritas-bu] How to restrict bpvault not to use couple of drives !
From: karunanidhis AT hotmail DOT com (Karun Subramanian)
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 13:02:45 -0700
Hi Folks !
I use bpvault 3.4 scripts with Netbackup 4.5 FP3. The ROBOT has a NAS
storage unit (with NDMP type) with 2 drives and 8 Media Manger drives. I use
2 drive pairs for duplication and I mention the Storage unit which has the 8
Media Manager drives to duplicate in the dup_param file. But for some reason
the duplication job uses the The drives in the NAS storage unit also (!!??)
Because of this my NAS backup job does not get resource.

Why would bpvault use the drives from the different Storage unit aprat from
the one I specified in the dup_param file.?

Thanks.
- Karun