Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Netbackup 4.5 Policys

2003-05-14 14:20:02
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup 4.5 Policys
From: jKoonz AT USCO DOT com (Koonz, Jay)
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 14:20:02 -0400
I've inheirited a Netbackup 4.5 system. In documenting the policies on it
(which clients belong to which policy), I noticed multiple policies have
Unix and Windows NT clients in them. I thought this was a no-no.
If I create a new policy using the policy wizard, it says
        Use the "standard" policy type for Windows 95/98, Macintosh,
target-based netward, and Unix clients.
        Use the "MS-Windows-NT" policy type for Windows NT and Windows 2000
clients.
So are the "standard" policys I have with NT clients in them, not backing
something up ?
Should NT & W2K clients be in a seperate "MS-Windows-NT" policy ?

Jay Koonz
Sr. Systems Engineer
USCO Logistics
Member, Kuehne & Nagel Group