Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Solution: Moving the Catalog

2003-05-14 14:18:47
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Solution: Moving the Catalog
From: davida AT telephia DOT com (David Ashamalla)
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 11:18:47 -0700
Thanks to everyone who answered my question.  I did not want to use the
ALTPATH method, as this could be a management nightmare, long term.

I used a solution no one mentioned, so I will post it here:
        1) Backup Cataog
        2) Shut down services.
        3) Copied \db directory to new volume.
        4) Renamed the old one (a bit paranoid - but this i s a good thing!)
        5) Created a new, empty \db directory.
        6) Used the www.sysinternals.com "junction.exe" utility to create to
create a link to the other volume's \db directory.
        7) Restart the services, and change the catalog backup locations.
        8) Test, Test, Test.

Hope this option helps others,
David Ashamalla