Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] How to exclude the /System_State/* stuff from NBU 4.5 Winders backups....

2003-05-14 10:13:26
Subject: [Veritas-bu] How to exclude the /System_State/* stuff from NBU 4.5 Winders backups....
From: CJManders AT lbl DOT gov (Christopher Jay Manders)
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 07:13:26 -0700
Hi,

So, we have a few systems that want to exlude all of the /System_State/* stuff
from backups. The 'why' for this is a very looong story. It actually hinges on
three things, though: 1) we don't have any Bare-Metal recovery so the System
files are deemed to be not really relevant, 2) the person only wants their
documents and other main data only backed up and 3) they have to pay for the
backup per gig and they want to cut out anything that might be costly.

Anyway, the system is a Winders 2000 system, and has the following exclude and
include lists:

Excluding: