Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Media Types

2003-05-14 08:52:29
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Media Types
From: jack.l.forester AT lmco DOT com (Jack L. Forester)
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 08:52:29 -0400
Are you _sure_ you can't run at the latest firmware levels?  We run our
drives in 9840 emulation mode and we upgraded the firmware as recently
as February.

As to performance, the host should see the drive as a very fast, high
capacity 9840.  You should still get the benefits of the faster drive
even though it is pretending to be something else.  I think the
emulation refers to the command set the drive recognizes.