Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] catalog size - largest

2003-05-12 16:55:45
Subject: [Veritas-bu] catalog size - largest
From: jkennedy AT qualcomm DOT com (Kennedy, Jeffrey)
Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 13:55:45 -0700
Partly an answer, partly a question for the group.  We have 2 masters
with 750gb and 400gb respectively.  The way we get around the catalogue
backups is to do a standard file system backup of /usr/openv/db/images/
for all client names except the master.  The master name is the only one
listed for a catalogue backup.

There are obviously some potential issues with this, image modification
during file system backup being one, but it was the best we could come
up with at the time.

Anyone have any other possibilities for enormous catalogues?

~JK