Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Best Practices Questions

2003-05-12 14:12:52
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Best Practices Questions
From: dcaddell AT intersil DOT com (Caddell, Scott)
Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 14:12:52 -0400
Hi All...

We are currently evaluating our capacity in our library and trying to justify
more tape drives.  Our management is wanting to know what other companies do as
far as backup windows.  If any of you are willing, please let me know what you
do or recommend as a best practice.

Also, we are looking at different options to backup Exchange 2000.  Currently,
in our Exchange 5.5 environment, we backup the entire store as one file.  We
are now considering the mailbox level backup, so I am looking for the pros and
cons of each and the experience anyone has with Exchange 2000.

Thanks in advance,

Scott Caddell
Strategic Server Operations
Intersil Corporation