Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] formating tapes

2003-05-10 20:18:24
Subject: [Veritas-bu] formating tapes
From: veritas-bu AT jasons DOT us (veritas-bu AT jasons DOT us)
Date: Sat, 10 May 2003 20:18:24 -0400 (EDT)
On Sat, 10 May 2003, Sen wrote:

> i am using windows 2000.
> i wanted to recycle tapes used from arcserve, do i need to format them using
> NBU?

No.  What you will need to do, though, is make sure that NetBackup knows
it can over-write tapes it doesn't recognize.  Under "host properties"
click on "master server" and then the name of your master server.  In
there you'll find a tab that says "media" inside which you can allow NBU
to overwrite media written in various formats.  I'm not sure what format
Arcserve uses, but I generally allow it to overwrite all formats unless
the client has a specific reason not to, such as a library shared with
another application.

BTW: I've removed all lists from the "to" line except the veritas-bu list
at Auburn since I'm not a member of the others and I don't want to make
any more work for the admins of those lists.

-Jason

-----
Jason K. Schechner  -   check out www.cauce.org and help ban spam-mail.
"All HELL would break loose if time got hacked." - Bill Kearney 02-04-03
---There is no TRUTH.  There is no REALITY.  There is no CONSISTENCY.---
   ---There are no ABSOLUTE STATEMENTS   I'm very probably wrong.---