Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Version mismatch between master and media

2003-05-09 09:20:36
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Version mismatch between master and media
From: Eric.Shafto AT drkw DOT com (Shafto, Eric)
Date: Fri, 9 May 2003 09:20:36 -0400
Hi, all.

I am creating a project plan for upgrading from the latest 3.4x to 4.5_FP3.
As part of the testing process, I wanted to

 - create a test 4.5 master
 - import the catalog data, classes, etc. from my 3.4 master
 - have it use one of my 3.4 media servers to test some backups and restores

I understand (correctly, I hope) that I can use 3.4 clients with my 4.5
master. But can I use a 3.4 media server with a 4.5 master?

If not, how difficult will it be to upgrade my media server to 4.5 and then
downgrade it again at the end of testing?

Many thanks,

Eric Shafto
"If it was so darned important, why'd you delete it?"