Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Notes Agent question

2003-05-07 14:53:21
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Notes Agent question
From: GRABBEB AT dominos DOT com (Bob Grabbe)
Date: Wed, 07 May 2003 14:53:21 -0400
environment is :
NBU 4.5 MP3 on Solaris 8 is the master/media server.
Client is Win2000 server running Lotus Domino R5.
Notes agent and the standard client are installed.

Backing up the transaction logs for Notes db's, logging is configured
as archival. There isn't a problem with the backups.
My question comes up about how backed up logs are supposed to be
deleted to clear space on the Notes server disk.
The Notes agent manual says the agent doesn't delete the logs after
backup, it just marks them as having been backed up and ready for
deletion. The only difference we can find in the transaction files is
that the archive bit is set off after the backup. Is this all the agent
does ? Or is there some kind of flag the Notes system should be able to
act on ?
Any help would be appreciated, I have a hard time believing it is at
the filesystem level that the logs would be marked.
Bob Grabbe
Dominos Pizza LLC
grabbeb AT dominos DOT com